The following is based on the web design chapter from the book, Teaching Computer Science in Secondary Schools and Colleges (2014), although the same theories are available in many other books and online blogs.
- The page structure is different to the F-layout page structure
- Sometimes referred to as ‘1 2 3 Action!’
- People in the western hemisphere read pages from left-to-right
- When they arrive at the right side of the page, they jump to the left side of the page to start a new line
- The image allows the reader to cut diagonally across the page to the next line or hierarchy placement, see page Figure 1.