You need to:
- Understand what the business wants to achieve
- Balance competing objectives (make project achieve able)
- Identify important factors which will influence the outcome
1) Background Knowledge
- Record the information that is known about the organization’s business situation at the beginning of the project.
2) Business Objectives
- Describe the customer’s primary objective, from a business perspective
- how can we keep current customers by predicting when they are prone to move to a competitor.
- In addition to the primary business objective, there are typically other related business questions that the customer would like to address.
- “How does the primary channel used (e.g., ATM, branch visit, Internet) affect whether customers stay or go?” or “Will lower ATM fees significantly reduce the number of high-value customers who leave?”
3) Business Success Criteria
- Describe the criteria for a successful or useful outcome to the project from the business point of view.
- measured – reduction of customer churn to a certain level,
- subjective – “give useful insights into the relationships.”
- indicated who makes the subjective judgment.
Example of Document